Reduce work stress and increase energy thanks to insight into neurological talents!
We all know it, there is no escape from it anymore and the statistics don’t lie. Mensura’s most recent research shows that 55% of the employees experience stress. No doubt this comes as no surprise to you as a reader, it almost seems to be the ‘new normal’. We at WayFinders will not put up with this and we are going to do our utmost to drastically reduce these figures.
Mainly executives would experience stress, although they have more buffer in the form of control (they experience more autonomy and participation, among other things). Non-managers also experience a lot of stress and almost one in four says that they can occasionally or never cope healthily with work-related stress. Not being able to deal with it in a good way has major consequences; just think of all the figures on physical complaints, overwork and burn-out.
What to do against stress in the team?
An important aspect that can cause stress – or make it less stressful – is the atmosphere in the workplace. Collegiality in which employees trust, support, encourage and cooperate with each other is an important buffer against stress. Tell me something new’, I hear you think. Well, despite the fact that we all know by now how important a positive work atmosphere is, this still appears to be one of the greatest challenges for organisations in our current social work context.
Some tips to relieve stress in the team:
1. Enlarge the circle of influence of employees by giving them more freedom, independence and decision-making power in their own work.
2. Create clear working agreements and well-defined working procedures, or call in an external party who can support you in this.
3. Connect with your employees and colleagues, listen and show appreciation. Coaching skills are crucial to reduce the stress level of others.
4. Allow yourself and your team to understand the natural ability of employees to handle stress and let go. We are all uniquely neurologically ‘wired’ and understanding this helps us to know which colleagues will lose more energy during stressful events.
How can WayFinders help you?
- We offer a gamified tool that maps the neurological talents of you and your employees and provides a lot of insights into how employees deal with stress. The more insights we have into these, the better we can protect ourselves against mental exhaustion.
- We advise and support you in setting up well-defined procedures and well-defined roles for employees, based on talent and natural aptitude. We do this in an interactive way through workshops.
- We offer personal (stress and burn-out) coaching for employees in dealing with stress, developing coaching skills, focus management, etc.
- We organise training courses to make managers more competent in coaching employees.